If you wanted to boost the speed of your site and not waste money on CDN then i got a solution for you. If you remember not long ago we talked about WordPress Jetpack Plugin , but when we reviewed it we didn’t mention that if comes with free CDN build in. So if you want to get free CDN then go download Jetpack and when your done find something that is named Photon it should be on the Jetpack dashboard , click activate and walla you get free CDN powered by WordPress super fast networks. Photon comes with some limitation:
- No cache invalidations – currently the images are cached “forever”. If you want to “refresh” an image you will need to change the name of the image. Adding random query arguments, commonly known as cachebusters, will not work.
- We only fetch, resize, and serve gif, png, and jpg images from servers that listen on port 80. This is about 99.99% of the web servers in the world.
- We will not “upscale” an image in most circumstances. If your original image is 1000px wide and you ask for us to make it 5000px, we will serve you the original 1000px image. Upscaled images are usually of poor quality and we want to avoid that.
- If your server takes longer than 10 seconds to upload the image to Photon, the upload will time out and your image will appear to be broken. Try to upload a differently-named image with a smaller file size if this happens.
- Photon filters content but doesn’t change the info in the database.
- Photon currently only acts on images in posts and featured images (post thumbnails).
- Photon will apply to old posts and new ones alike and can be turned on or off easily.
Other wise Photon is an amazing CDN for your blog.